What does it do?
Decred is a blockchain-based cryptocurrency with a fair system of checks and balances between all parties.
- Hybrid proof-of-work and proof-of-stake consensus that enables on-chain governance. Coin holders have a say about what happens to their crypto and have skin in the game.
- A censorship-resistant blockchain-anchored public proposal platform.
- Built in treasury system, which helps sustain and fund the project.
- Supports atomic swaps between different digital currencies.
- Cross-platform wallets for ease of use.
|Company Name||Decred Holdings Group LLC|
|Incorporation date||February 8, 2016|
|Crypto Currency||Price (Euro)||24H % Change|
|Initial Funding & Distribution|
|Total Supply Sold||There was no ICO|
|Total Amount Raised||n/a|
|Price During the Crowdsale||n/a|
|Initial Token Distribution||50% of Premined coins were airdropped (840 000 DCR)|
50% of Premined coins were bought by Companyzero.com (840 000 DCR)
|Distribution of Funds raised||n/a|
|Airdrop Date||February 8, 2016|
| Sources: https://docs.decred.org/faq/general/#3-how-was-the-decred-premine-distributed|
Additional information on: https://decred.org/community/
|Total number of Commits||58 331 Commits(63 Repositories)|
YBF Ventures – an Australian innovation hub.
Bitcoin – a peer to peer technology based cryptocurrency.
Ethereum – a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts and it allows developers to create their own decentralize application.
Litecoin – a peer to peer created by Charlie Lee cryptocurrency.
Stellar – an open source network used to facilitate cross-asset transfers of value.
Potential market and clients
The potential of Decred adoption depends on the demand for cryptocurrencies in the future.
Utility and economic dynamics
- DCR can be used as store and transfer of value.
- DCR can be used to stake/vote.